Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default December 26 - Life, Love and Death on the High Seas (not a Tangvald web)

Skip Gundlach wrote in news:54afb8b4-fd66-46b6-
:

None of NOAA's predictions have proven correct - either the
direction or velocity of the wind forecasted, or both, have been
wrong.

If Skip is using the radio-fax charts, I'll once again remind him that the
forecasts are for off-shore, not coastal. I also thought that when I
looked at them, that they were showing 10 kts and +/- 5 kts is pretty
normal.

There appears to be a high pressure ridge running through central FL (which
is about where Skip is), and the winds will be light and variable as one
passes through it. They will switch from the NE on the N side of the ridge
to the SE on the other side. I'm not at all surprised at the winds that
Skip is seeing.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org