Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Buying a boat in a foreign land?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:40:37 -0800, ray lunder
wrote:

I see some sailing vessels offered at seemingly remarkable bargains
but they are in Mexico. So how do you go about
buying/registering/documenting boats like this? My money is in us
banks at present. Thank you for your time.

Basically like you would buy one in the U.S. except that you need to
be sure that the seller has a notarized bill of sale, to prove
ownership, and s you a notarized bill of sale, notarized by either the
Embassy or a legal commissioner of oaths. Be sure that the previous
owner gives you a certificate of de registration as most countries
require that for re-registration.

Actually, I believe you will find yacht brokers almost any place that
you will find yachts so it should be no problem.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)