HK HK is offline

Default Maybe a little too religious for some...

Roger Pearse wrote:
On Dec 27, 12:49 am, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:14:45 -0800 (PST), Roger Pearse penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

On 21 Dec, 22:07, Gene Kearns
wrote:
I think Larry is trying to get you to look at the source of the Bible.
Have you ever considered the testaments that *weren't* included in the
Bible?
The Catholics decided, in the 4th century, what you should believe
and.... by a show of hands .....decided what should be considered holy
and what should be considered anathema. If one was politically correct
one's motion(dogma) carried, if not it didn't. The true word was
created!
So it says in the "Da Vinci code". Must be true, I suppose?
Of course it's complete nonsense.
I first graduated from a college affiliated with a particular
Christian denomination. We were required to study religion and I found
studying both sides of a central point in time established by the
Councils ofNiceato be an amazing trip. This led me to the conclusion
that anybody that feels that they are Christian should do at least two
things:
1) Read the Bible.... ALL OF IT..... and
2) Study the history of the creation of Christianity....
Agree or disagree with what you like..... but you owe it to yourself
to be an informed consumer....
So why didn't you learn about the subject before you posted such
arrant tripe?

It is apparent that you have never posted anything about a boat... (etc)

smile If you post a load of religious lies, expect to get slapped
down. But when you do, don't then come back cringing and whining about
it like this.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Religious lies?

:}

What's a religious lie, Roger? Christianity was created out of whole
cloth between the third and fifth centuries, CE. Is that lie?