kentobin@REM0VE_me_newsguy.com kentobin@REM0VE_me_newsguy.com is offline

Default Let's Clarify a few things

I'm sure there are many in the Coast Guard who I would consider it an
honor to take out to dinner but:

my experience is being on a rented 14 foot fishing boat with a dead
motor approximately 1 mile west of the Santa Cruz Pier, CA around
2:30pm PST. A Coast Guard Cutter past within 1/4 mile of us going into
Santa Cruz and ignored our flares. If a sailboat anchored by the pier
hadn't responded to our smoke only god knows how long we'd be out
there. He was a cruiser just working his way down the coast.

Now if I were a Kennedy I'm sure congress would make sure the Navy was
there for me. :-)

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:59:51 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have to say this discussion is both hilarious and offensive.
Especially when a certain someone posts that the US Coast Guard would
have been "on leave or sitting around shining our shoes" had this case
not have happened. ................

Respectfully,
A United States Coast Guard Cutterman currently serving aboard CGC
TAHOMA