Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default December 24 - For all the saints (a riff on a hymn)

On 2007-12-26 17:37:50 -0500, Bruce in Bangkok said:

You know? I've been reading this on this news group for years and for
all that time, and longer, I've been using 3M 5200 to bed things on
boats and never once have I had any problems in removing the item when
I wanted to.

I agree it is a pretty good adhesive but certainly not impossible, or
even very difficult. to remove items attached with it.

My experience has been that with good surface prep, 5200 is essentially
"forever" (or at least greater than a decade). Extremely tough to
cut, stayed flexible and bonded to the surface better than the gelcoat
to the substrate.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD