Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default December 24 - For all the saints (a riff on a hymn)

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:57:47 -0500, "Ernest Scribbler"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote
Aluminum ivets shouldn't be hard to find...

They're readily available, (and less costly) but stainless rivets are more
commonly used by manufacturers, from what I've seen. My guess is that their
greater strength outweighs the other considerations.

Since the corrosion takes place primarily the aluminum side of the
joint using aluminum rivets will result in rapid loss of the rivets.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)