[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default What's your (entirely subjective) Favorite Offshore Cruising boatfrom 35 to 45'?

On Dec 21, 10:20 pm, izibizi wrote:
... This one is smaller, much lighter, just fits like a tight jeans, 43'
Schionning design. for me the Australians have some of the best cat
designers when it comes to pleasing lines (Grainger, Lidgaard,
Spirited Design), there might be other good designers too, but I did
not like how the yachts look like. ...

Schionning's boats are lovely. I got to walk around "Pat's Cat" in
Vanuatu. A sweet boat, but as you say a tight fit. I think she was
48' as built (extended for inboards) and she had less room inside than
my Atlantic 42 (which is small by cruising cat standards). I'm was
raised on the East coast and like a traditional sheer line. The
reverse sheer with large radius is light and can be lovely but it can
also be wet. I think Choi, Newick and White, just to name my
favorates, have drawn some beautiful multis "up over", as it where.

-- Tom.