Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default What's your (entirely subjective) Favorite Offshore Cruisingboat from 35 to 45'?

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:27:43 -0500, said:

I think with some freshening up, Dave's boat (CS27) could safely do a trans-At.
I think Dave himself might need more than a "freshening up" to make the trip in
that boat, though!

I would never claim that either my boat or I is suited for a trans-Atlantic
trip. And I don't feel the need to prove anything by trying it. It's suited
for what I do--mostly single-handing in a triangle defined by New Haven,
Block Island and the elbow of the Cape.

Indeed, CS27s have sailed around the world, done trans-Ats, trans-Pacs,
but I wouldn't make one my first choice for such an endeavor.

Cheers
Marty