Jeff Jeff is offline

Default What's your (entirely subjective) Favorite Offshore Cruisingboat from 35 to 45'?

kupono wrote:
I'm looking to compile a list of favorite cruising boats based upon
your completely subjective opinions. Eddy and Duff's criteria might be
a useful guide, but don't feel constrained by it.

1. She must be easy to handle.
2. She must be comfortable.
3. She must be seaworthy.
4. She must be fast.
5. She must be beautiful.

Please qualify your choices with fully founded, and no doubt, highly
subjective arguments based on well thought out personal opinion (and
hopefully experience).

Let the opionions fly.

Why are you insisting on "offshore" in the title, but then simply say
"favorite cruising boat" in the body? The truth is that the vast
majority of cruising is done in boats that are not generally considered
good offshore boats.

Although I certainly wouldn't argue with the criteria, I find it
interesting the Eddy and Duff don't make an offshore boat, they
specialize is dinghies and daysailers. As seaworthy as a Stone Horse
may be, it still isn't an offshore boat.

And of course, my boat, a PDQ 36 catamaran, is the ideal cruising boat,
although I don';t think of it as an offshore boat.