Stephen Trapani Stephen Trapani is offline

Default Coast Guard Licensing of Recreational Boaters

wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:56:40 -0800, Stephen Trapani

On 20 Dec 2007 12:28:03 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:08:59 GMT,
said:

the American Sheeple have
turned into a nation of hand-wringing, Oprahcized, worry warts.
Nothing to do with Oprah, but worry warts? Witnessing the two towers burn
and fall from my office window made a pretty strong impression. And
remember, that was the second attempt on the towers.
Yes worry warts. The response by the United States has strongly
resembled a blindfolded kid, high on amphetamines, wildly swinging at
a pinata.

So you agree that the threat is valid, you just don't think the response
has been very good.

No. I think we are chasing our collective tails, and have failed to
even identify the threat correctly. The response so far has been a
negative as far as solving the problem.

Swisssssh! You missed! :')

You didn't answer the question for the second time. This is common when
someone can't answer an argument. You used the term 'worrywarts' as
though there was nothing to worry about. When someone mentioned the WTC,
you changed your argument to be about us swinging blindly at the wrong
target. When I pointed out that you changed the argument and asked you
if you thought the threat was valid, you tried to shift it back again to
solving the problem, instead of whether there was a problem to worry about.

This sort of behavior on your part basically acknowledges that there is
a threat, otherwise you would have an answer for the question instead of
trying to change the subject. So you can stop using the term 'worrywart'
since you admit there is a real threat to worry about. Unless you'd
prefer to try again with the fruitless backpedaling?

Nice hit on the first swing by the blindfolded kid though, eh?

Stephen

We removed Afghanistan as a safe haven. Bullseye.

Stephen