Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Ping: Floridians

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:48:38 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:31:03 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

I want evidence the sea level is rising.

I haven't run aground recently so it must be rising.

That might be the nav gear, or caution that grows with age -
a fine wine type of thing.
When I was in Punta Gorda a while ago, I could eye the canal
waterline and pretty well time the tides. If I lived there, I would
soon ken to the variations caused by moon phases.
It seems I would certainly know if the sea was rising even an inch on
the canal wall over a period of time.
It seems hardly a month goes by without the news showing a Rhode
Island chunk of ice cap breaking off to melt. Glaciers disappearing,
etc. I always thought global warming would cause a rise in sea
levels.
I haven't heard that it's happening, and don't want to be confused by
conflicting political internet cites, so I figured I'd go to the guys
living next to the actual ocean, with nice concrete walls showing
waterlines.

--Vic