Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Coast Guard Licensing of Recreational Boaters

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:29:12 -0500, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Much snipped

This will decimate the boating industry and be pretty painful to anyone who
wants to sell a boat. The industry is so over developed and crowded that
just a slowing in growth causes panic and a 10% drop in the number of
boating households would be right up there with an asteroid wiping out
Florida. How many people do you think would decide to take up some other
recreational activity if they needed a license? This will fit very nicely
with the DHS real agenda. If you are looking for the needle in a haystack
of a terrorist in a pleasure craft, the fewer straws out there, the better.

I wonder whether you can still enlist in a pilot training course and
tell them that you don;t want to be bothered in learning how to land
an airplane?

In a more sensible mode, can anyone tell me where the HLS got all
their trained and experienced personal? From abroad it (HLS) appeared
to blossom into being almost over night with agents everywhere. Where
did they all come from?

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)