Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Coast Guard Licensing of Recreational Boaters

"Roger Long" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote

No disputing the rush to id for no reason, but I believe this is for
boats entering the US, not ones already here.

"subject small planes and boats entering the United States from other
countries" is the key phrase.

I doubt this will decimate the boating industry in the US.

There are two entirely separate issues and proposed regulations here. One
is inspection requirements and the other is licensing.

The first won't have much effect on the boating industry although it will
be a pain for international cruisers.

The second will have a huge impact.

--
Roger Long

I haven't seen the article... Although I'm not enthusiastic about the
red-tape and hassle involved for licensing for regular boaters, I'm
wondering if it's such a terrible thing. (I should add that I'm likely not
affected, since I have a CG license.) One needs a license to operate a motor
vehicle, why not a floating vehicle?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com