claus claus is offline

Default Coast Guard Licensing of Recreational Boaters

"Roger Long" wrote in message
There are two entirely separate issues and proposed regulations here. One
is inspection requirements and the other is licensing.

The first won't have much effect on the boating industry although it will
be a pain for international cruisers.

The second will have a huge impact.

Does anybody have any idea what kind of licensing requirements are planned?
I have "googled" the subject in different ways and all I can find is the
statement made by Chertoff some months ago. Amazing that there is evidently
no leak on this plan....