posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska[_2_] Bruce  in Alaska[_2_] is offline

Default SeaTTY 1.80 beta is published - with GMDSS DSC decoder now

In article ,
"Steve Lusardi" wrote:

Larry,
The 23' whip sounds like an elegant solution to my problem. I have a steel
60' sloop that I built myself. On this I have an ICOM 700 with the AT130 and
a SEA 330 with the 1630 coupler. What would you recommend for this
installation? There are twin 5/8 rod back stays and an 11' wide antenna
bridge behind the center cockpit. Lots of room in this area as well as a
solid continuous 1 1/4" stainless rail all around the boat at a height of
30" . Perhaps an antenna switch and a common antenna, as I will never use
more than one radio at a time.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve, if you try and use the SEA330/SEA1630 with just 23 Ft of Antenna
you will be dissapointed with the result on any Frequency below 6 Mhz.
Look around your vessel for ANY way to put 35 Ft of wire under that 23'
Whip, and your experience will be considerable better. Sea330's are
a bit of a Power Hawg when operating at 300 Watts PEP Output, but they
sure to "Talk" well, when the bands are marginal, if the antenna is
reasonable.

Bruce in alaska who installed a bunch of SEA330's all over alaska...
--
add path before @