posted to rec.boats.building
Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Low power sailing, was inexpensive diesel engines

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:58:39 -0800 (PST), Terry K
wrote:

Shore sounds like a job for two or even three trolling motors in
wells, two aft and one foreward.

Azipods!

Hanging propellors off the ends of the boat is a sure way to whip up
the air while props are out of the water in waves.

I read your post with interest. As for waves, you only mount them, on
some kind of bracket, when you are going to use them. The original
reason for suggesting them is that they are compact, light, and cheap.
My reservations are mostly lack of power. One probably won't get it,
two stands a better chance, at least.

Casady