Frank Hopkins

Default Newbee question. Bayliners on open sea

Hi Frank,

If you are planning extensive offshore usage in anything but ideal weather
and conditions, you will want to re-think a Bayliner. Bayliners have a bad
reputation for hull failures in heavy water. (See N.T.S.B. sinking reports
at Coast Guard website.) Also, the boat is built with a lot of wood, which
rots eventually. This is why they are so cheap to get into. Bayliners also
depreciate very fast too. If budget is your primary motivation, you would be
better off with a better quality used boat.

Capt. Frank Hopkins
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks

"Snoopy" wrote in message
My dad is thinking about buying a sportboat.
Want to be able to waterski
Carry say 8 persons
But also maybe fish on open sea (Carib)
Also butget wise he is thinking of a Bayliner 215 Classic.
I'm wondering what is the (open) seaworthiness of such a Bayliner?

TIA
Frank