posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] robbins.larry@gmail.com is offline

Default Nav & Position report pgm sharing GPS

Well, I am done with the passage that I wanted to use the virtual
port software on. It turned out to be easier to close the Capn, file
a position report on winlink for friends and family keeping track on
shore, reopen the Capn and sail to route....

In seven years in the Eastern Caribbean, I have never seen a pump out
or heard of people using holding tanks. One of the things I did while
waiting for weather was to install a new Y valve in case the marine
cops here in FL take an interest in my MSD. I have a virgin tiny
holding tank having replaced a full stinky one with a crack in the top
that came with the boat.

I intentionally put the PC into hibernate to save power and maintain
nav program - it assumes that you have been going in a straight line
while it has "lost the GPS" in hibernate. I like Peter's cable
splitter idea and may give it a shot using an old serial to USB
adapter.