Reginald P. Smithers III[_4_] Reginald P. Smithers III[_4_] is offline

Default Playing with a Macro Extension Lens...

Vic Smith wrote:

All I will say is he has a favorite subject. Your grandkids are much
more interesting to me, and your shot will be remembered by me
longer than anything on that site. It's a personal preference,
but I'm with Harry on doctoring photos beyond some light tweaking.
To me a photo becomes art when it reflects the reality of a special
moment in time and place, and evokes - intentionally or not - emotion.
I found the photos on the above site cold and boring.
As I said, personal preference, and different element move people
differently.
But the greatest shots in history, again personal preference, are the
ones reflecting reality.
A few that come to mind are the flag raising at Iwo Jima, the
depression shot of "mother of 7 children," and more recently the very
"unprofessional" snapshot of the firefighter climbing the tower
staircase on 9/11. His face will haunt me forever.
To each his own. This guy has a very interesting site with a lot of
info, including how he uses Pmhotoshop. Worth looking at by anybody
interested in photography.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm

--Vic

Vic,

Everyone has their own personal preferences for art, and what moves
them. I personally enjoy a very broad range of styles in music
(everything but rap), paintings, sculpture and photography. But i can
definitely understand when someone doesn't appreciate the same art I
like or can't even understand why I would like it, because I feel that
way when I listen to most Rap.