[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Playing with a Macro Extension Lens...

On Dec 16, 11:51 am, HK wrote:
wrote:
You were lucky to have only the best photographers at your huge
newspaper. You seem to lead a charmed life here. Tell us next how your
Dell was constructed specifically for you by a special team of only
the best assemblers, painstakingly put together by Michael Dell
himself, just for you

In those days, and certainly not because of my presence there as a
reporter and copy editor, the KC Star was considered one of the best
newspapers in the country. It had a very large staff of photographers,
darkroom geniuses and airbrush artists. Along with the St. Louis P-D in
those days, many considered it the *best* training school for young
journalists in the country. I was at The Star for about four years, and
then I was recruited by The Associated Press.

For the first 90 years of its life, including my years there, the Star
was an independent newspaper, and for most of that time it was owned by
its editorial employees. Then the employees decided to sell out and of
course shortly thereafter, after the paper was owned by a big media
corporation, it went downhill.

Such is life in America.

I'm my own Michael Dell. I've built all my own desktop computers for at
least the last decade, usually every other year. If only I could build
them faster...I could go in the computer business and lose money.

Have you been having sex with Herring? You're beginning to sound just
like him, naive, ignorant, and out of touch with reality.

No, no sex with Herring but I was installing networks around the NE in
the early 90's. Built computers for many outfits, architects,
printers, installed POP hardware at retail stores, all custom built
suff, till it got to the point where it was more efficient to by
ready made computers, with legal software and faster components than
anything I could build for the price. I think anyone with their head
out of their butt realizes that the technology available over the
counter is way more than the average guy needs to write political
trolls, photoshop for fun, and post pictures to a dump site of kitty
cats and beached LTP's And all of my software is legal too... But
then again, I actually use my system (s) for business so I try to keep
up on stuff even if I pull your leg here once in a while. I guarantee
I could run circles around you in base windows architecture, Linux,
Apache, Novell, ASP, Miva, PHP, PPP, POP, M/C Visa gateways,
encryption, firewall and port protection, NOC, Blades, Routers, and
about a hundred other business related languages and protocols, even
though I do admit to having never used photoshop. When I want to play,
I use JASC. For color seperatioins to the printer, for business I have
used Corel Draw along with Adobe... But I am just a beginner...