Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Buying a boat without sales tax?

"Ed" wrote in message ...
Nope... It's called a sales and USE tax for a reason... if you use your
boat in a state that has a sales tax btu you bought it in one without OR
with a smaller one.. most have the ablility to tax you on the diff.

Florida is the worst... if you come to a boat show, you have 2 weeks after
the last work is done to get her out of FL. If you move here from SC you
pay the full tax...

Are you sure? I bought a boat in Florida and I had 90 days to get her
shipped before sales tax was going to be charged..