Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Medical stuff in MIA/WPB - ENT, Mammography and Colonoscopy

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:26:53 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:

Roger .. I want to double, triple, .. multiply ..

GET THE COLONOSCOPY ..

I had a good friend, he was a very outdoors guy. Always hiking the
Whites, runner, basketball player,, built his
own house from scratch .. I mean he literally dug the cellar.

But he was chicken when it came to doctors.

So .. he let a small problem turn into a death sentence.

Now he is gone.

We can't be out sailing and arguing on the net if we are dead.

All you sailors .. get the tests!

Do it for your boat! And for yourself!

BUT DO IT!

There is another side to this.

I had a bladder tumor in 2005.
The doctors immediately used the "C" word and scheduled surgery to cut it
out.

It was benign. NOT cancer at all.

But it has taken nearly two years to fully recover from the surgery.
Actually, I doubt anyone ever does fully recover.

You pays yer money and takes yer chances...

Richard

I'm sure it was a bummer, but the alternative of doing nothing could have
easily been terminal. I'm assuming you got multiple opinions... several
friends did that and saved themselves a lot of grief from the first
opinion... that's why they call it a medical "practice."

In fact a chap just down the dock from me had exactly this experience.
Urinary tract problems; scared to see doctor; eventual couldn't
urinate and had to go to the hospital; Surgery. We scattered his
ashes in the ocean some 3 years after he first noticed symptoms.
Doctor said *probable* that had he visited the doctor when he first
noticed problems that they could have, at the minimum, delayed his
departure for some years and possible been cured...

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)