Bob Bob is offline

Default Buying a boat without sales tax?

On Dec 15, 2:09 pm, Stephen Trapani wrote:

If you are a democrat and want to pay more taxes then you are in the
right party for your beliefs.

Na, I think you missed the finer points of my minor rant. I want a
State Sales Tax, just dont want residents to pay it. I want all the
visitors to pay it ("use fee"). Then at the end of the year get a
state tax refund for all the sales tax i payed. But this is sorta way
off topic and rather regional, I applogize.

But evading state sales tax on boats using oregon and other states is
a pretty old story. One of the previous owners of my boat did that....
the owner lived in CA, owned/ran a sailing magizine business located
about Latitude 38 in CA. I found a few old Oregon boat registrations
in the crap still on board. Couldnt figure out how a guy could be a
resident/business owner in CA and have a boat registered in
OR...!?!?! Im sure it was all leagal

Bob