Bob Bob is offline

Default Buying a boat without sales tax?

On Dec 14, 11:43 pm, ray lunder wrote:
Ahoy, I live in Washington state and am thinking about my first "real"
boat- a blue water cruiser in the $30k-$120k. When I buy a car I pay
something like 8% or if it's a gift or a damaged vehicle or you phoney
up the bill of sale you still pay some arbitrary made up blue book
value the state institutes and which is not insignificant. On a $100k
boat this is $8000. Something tells me rich people don't pay this. So
what's the scam? Foreign registry or forming your own corporation or
what? Sorry to be so clueless. Thanks for your time.

Ya, you Washingtonians are always bragging about your no personal
income tax then turn around and whine bout all the other taxes ie
$2000 to register your new car every year! Down here in Oregon, land
of the NO sales tax, I was paying bout $35 every two years for my
state boat registry. It went up bout when Bush got in office. Now I
pay bout $125every two years.

I bought my boat in Port Townsend, WA. then brought it down to Oregon.
No Wasington Sales Tax if left the state with in ?? days.

I have a nice little room to rent down here if ya want to be an
Oregonian? BUt yad have to get a OR drivers licence to make your
citizenship all leagal. But then yould have to pay Oregon State
Personal income tax along with the IRS Fed cut too.
Living in Oregaon It not a bad deal if your poor and live on mega
By-the-book-Bob