Lu Powell Lu Powell is offline

Default Boating/T-Top question

Thanks. I have a bimini and hate it.

"John H." wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:53:17 -0500, "Lu Powell"
wrote:

I have a five year old Sea Pro 17 ft. center console and want to
install
a t-top. My main concern is the added weight and higher center of
gravity. The boat is mainly used in St. Johns River at Mayport, FL,
and
occasionally a few miles offshore when the ocean is flat.

Any of you experts have comparable experiences and advice?

I just bought an 18'er and had the same question. I went with a
bimini. I
plan to trailer a lot, and thought the t-top may suffer somewhat. I
also
plan to do a lot of family boating, where the bimini will be very
useful.

Yes, it gets in the way of fishing, unless one sticks to the stern.
But, I
figure I'll wear the Tilley hat someone here talked me into buying for
ridiculous amount of money. (Which was still a lot cheaper than the
t-top.)
--
John H