Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default 1970's car advert

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:15:43 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Early overdrive transmissions often had a
switch to engage or disengage the overdrive gear. "

When I was in grades chool, my folks had a Hudson Wasp, and it had
what seemed to be a dimmer swith under the accellorator pedal, which
kicked it out of ED.

I learned on a Hudson Hornet.

When I lived on the family farm, my cousin and I used to see how many
rollovers we could get out of it. :)

They were hard to roll over normally. Was the first car to have the
passengers sit between the frame rails. Held the most NASCAR wins until
MoPar factroy entered racing. My dad had a 49, 51 and 53 Hornet with the
Twin H power. They were fast. My brother wrecked the 53 when he was using
it after his Navy basic training.