posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Solar Panel

Larry wrote in news:Xns9A04ED704DCE7noonehomecom@
208.49.80.253:

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

http://www.geoffschultz.org/BlueJack...ical/20061121_

095647.htm

Nice looking electrical installation, Geoffrey. I do have one
suggestion for the battery installation, though......to be taken
as constructive, I hope.

Let's flip the boat upside down and watch the battery box cover.

I don't see any locks on the deck that will hold it in place
against 500 pounds of batteries coming loose. I can't see any
battery hold downs, straps or otherwise in the picture, but maybe
you can enlighten me.

Larry,

The wood that you see on either side of the batteries is wedge shaped and
is screwed into the fiberglass. The photo is rather old and there are now
longer pieces which run the full length of the batteries and have 4 screws
in them (I think) per side. The screws would have to cut their way through
the fiberglass to let the battery fall. I feel rather secure with this
arrangement.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org