Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 1970's car advert

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:55:56 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

Those light duty running boards were the first to rot out, and the darn
heater control cables froze up every night. The gas heater took care of the
interior but drove many mornings into the sun with a frost caked windshield.

I put 4" fiberglass batt insulation on the floors of my '64 bug,
replacing it every winter for a few years. It really helped retain
enough heat to keep from shivering. Still had to scrape ice off
the inside of the windshield as I drove.
The gas heater worked well in my '67 Squareback, but it really sucked
gas, and I was always waiting for it to explode and incinerate me.
The '64 rotted out. The '67 steel held up well.

--Vic