[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default 1970's car advert

On Dec 12, 8:20 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 06:16:03 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Maybe it was a comet.. .which one did Nader screw with, that was it I
think.. hey, I was probably 6-7 yo when I rode in that car but it was
push button, on the dash, that I remember clearly..
The push button trans were Chrysler TorqFlites and the Edsel (in the
steering wheel hub), as I recall.

I think my mothers 53 Desoto had pushbuttons in the steering wheel.

I recall the buttons first appearing in the 57' DeSoto.

Maybe. Just seem to remember them on her car. By the time I got to drive
her car was a 1959 Chevy Impala bat mobile.

My brother had a 59 Impala convertible! He hit a huge oak tree with
that thing head on, he was going about 60, then braked some, so don't
know what speed he ended up at, but it hit hard, I flew from the back
seat to the front! Didn't even get to the radiator, we just backed up
and drove off.