posted to rec.boats.electronics
WBH WBH is offline

Default Solar Panel

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
| "WBH" wrote in
| :
|
| Hi,
| I am very pleased with the flexible (German) Solara panels on my boat,
| but you should read this first:
| http://www.geoffschultz.org/Solara/s...nty_woes.shtml
| If I had read this earlier, I probably would not have bought them.
| However, there was no way back for me and I am very satisfied with
| the performance of the product. The panels are thin but tough, are
| slightly flexible and can be walked on.
| http://www.solara.de/Inselsysteme/Module_M-Serie.htm
|
| Cheers,
| Wout
|
| The sad/bad thing is that I get 1-2 e-mails a week from people who are
| having similiar problems with their Solara panels. Solara doesn't seem to
| have learned anything. Here's an excerpt from an e-mail from yesterday:
|
| ****
| Hi, My name is Joe Ruggiero from Wallingford Ct.
|
| I don't mean to bring up an old bad subject.
| I recently read about your exploits with Solara AG and your defective
Solar
| panels. I to have been trying to resolve a similar issue with Solara. It
| seems that Mr Heise has not changed.
| ****
|
| -- Geoff
| www.GeoffSchultz.org

I read on your website that your panels were finally replaced, after a lot
of trouble. Have you had any further technical issues with the new panels?
Have you glued them to the deck, do you walk on them? How do they perform?
Would you buy them again if the after sales service would be better?
Wout