Default Playing with a Macro Extension Lens...

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:08:09 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

I sent me back while it was in warrenty and had them set it to specs.
am very pleased with it.
Oh, I didn't recall your having done that. Now I feel better about
taking
mine in. It's either the lens, the camera, or me. Hopefully it's not
the
latter!
--
John H

You could always sell the boat and replae everything with Leica.

My only remaining film camera is a Leica, which I like to take on trips,
because it is relatively small, quiet, and I have three really sharp
lenses for it.

Is there such a thing as a Leica lens that's NOT sharp?

Yes. Had one years ago. Couldn't figure it out.

Turns out that the focusing ring was warping the glass ever so
slightly - like in the micro meter scale.

I had an M5 (?? current rangefinder model around 1971). Women hated it.
It
revealed every pore on their face, every imperfection.

I had a Yashica that was like that - beautiful, crisp images. You
could pick out details that you never would be able to see otherwise.

What ever happened to Yashica anyway?

I dunno. I still see accessories for Yachica/Contax cameras, so there must
still be some cameras out there.