Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default 1970's car advert

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in
message . ..

wrote:
Maybe it was a comet.. .which one did Nader screw with, that was it I
think.. hey, I was probably 6-7 yo when I rode in that car but it was
push button, on the dash, that I remember clearly..
Nadar screwed with the Corvair. While Bassy was correct that the car
was very screwy at high speeds, on most Corvairs it would not show the
problem till you got over 80 mph. The Monza Spider would top out at
about 100 mph, it was turbo charged with 4 separate carburators.

Corvairs were fun cars but handled horribly in snow, even light snow.
You couldn't steer it. It was so light in the front end that turning the
wheel accomplished nothing ... the car just kept going straight and
usually into something.

Eisboch

When you drove them fast, the front end also wanted to jump up.

My brothers 46 Ford at about 65 mile per hour and a little headwind wanted
to lift the front end off the ground. Got hard to make a turn on the
freeway.