Peggie Hall

Default New Toilet

I'm going to go with the electric, fresh water conversion and replace
the tank (bigger) and hoses next year.

As long as you're upgrading, if you're in coastal waters, instead of
increasing the size of the tank, consider adding a Lectra/San (CG
certified Type I MSD that treats waste and discharges it overboard)
instead. A FAR more ecologically sound solution to onboard waste than
holding tanks, and legal in all waters except those specifically
designated "no discharge"...which, except for RI, parts of MA, and parts
of the FL Keys National Marine Sanctuary, are VERY few and far between
in coastal waters, and very small. For instance, there are only two on
the entire Chesapeake Bay...Herring Bay and the Northern Coastal Bays.
On the west coast, there are quite a few in SoCal, but only a couple of
small ones on the whole west coast north of Santa Barbara.

If you're unfamiliar with the Lectra/San, check it out on the Raritan
website at http://www.raritaneng.com. There are a couple of other Type
Is on the market, but they're all far more complex and expensive...the
Lectra/San is the most popular--and also totally environmentally
friendly because it doesn't require the use of any chemicals.

I realize the above sounds like a commercial...but I have no connection
with Raritan whatever.

--
Peggie

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html