HK HK is offline

Default Why Small Outboards Sink - Low Transoms Cited

wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:59 pm, harry krause wrote:
Larry wrote:
Wayne.B wrote in
:
Generally speaking, small boats such as outboards are far less
sea
worthy than larger boats because:
The transoms are either wide open or cut down.
The cockpits are wide open, the freeboards are lower.
They have smaller and fewer bilge pumps, often only one.
They have smaller and fewer batteries.
Cockpit decks are not water tight.
Control cables have holes in liners that allow a lot of water
entry.
Outboards have all the engine weight at the stern, making them
stern
heavy.
Well, duhh....(c;
How much tax money did this scientific revelation cost us?
Remember the gummit report on why children fall off
bicycles?...hee hee. Must be the same bureaucrats.
Larry

And of course large barge powerboats usually sink like a stone if
they're holed or swamped or if the prop shaft falls out...- Hide quoted text -

Why do you critisize the boats of others?

Sorry, you've got your response of the day from me. I have no interest
in engaging you while you initiate another of your never-ending drool
sessions.