Reginald P. Smithers III[_2_] Reginald P. Smithers III[_2_] is offline

Default 1970's car advert

wrote:
On Dec 12, 9:16 am, wrote:
On Dec 12, 9:02 am, wrote:

On Dec 11, 10:58 pm, wrote:
On Dec 10, 5:24 pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:42 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLEIumBf2Rg&NR
There is a sweet 1970 Malibu for sale out near the stables. Maroon,
looks like a stock, garaged car, soooooooo pretty...
Not to be a party pooper, but I've never understood the fascination with
these cars.
First of all, they are a dime a dozen. As a collectible, they really aren't
worth much.
Second, having driven several, they handle like crap, ride like crap and are
not particularly "fast".
To each their own, I suppose.
Eisboch
There is a car for everyone. Look at this Auto Group.
http://www.corvair.org/
Check out some of those beautieshttp://images.google.com/images?q=corvair&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=...text -
Me dear auntie 'ad one of those Corvairs, had push button shifter on
the dash iirc...- Hide quoted text -
I may be mistaken but I think the shifter you are thinking about was a
lever on the dash. Had a friend that had a Corvair Spider, the high
performance one!!!! Hell, I think it went 75 miles an hour or so, if
you could hold it on the road! That thing was horrible. You'd go down
the road 55 miles an our or so and it was all you could do to keep it
in your lane!- Hide quoted text -

Maybe it was a comet.. .which one did Nader screw with, that was it I
think.. hey, I was probably 6-7 yo when I rode in that car but it was
push button, on the dash, that I remember clearly..- Hide quoted text -

Nadar screwed with the Corvair. He should have, it was a piece of
crap! A lot of Dodge/Chrysler products had the push buttons. I've
owned to Valiants with slant sixes and push button trannys in my life.
Bullet proof cars! I had a "63 that when I bought it was clapped out,
but I ran that thing all over the place, always full tilt!

They were pieces of crap, but the flipping over he complained about
really wasn't their problem.