Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Santa selling his sled. Will need a boat by 2012.

On Dec 12, 2:56�am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:58:13 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould

wrote:
According to that group of left wing nut jobs, the National Aeronautic
and Space Administration, the ice at the north pole (and the rest of
the arctic) is melting at a rate that could
leave the north end of the globe ice free by 2012.

http://ff.org/centers/csspp/press/20070302_release.html

http://motls.blogspot.com/2007/08/st...khaven-climate...

And lastly,

http://www.epw.senate.gov/109th/Carter_Testimony.pdf

Do try and read the science instead of the AP.

The Lord Whatever in the first link is a British politician..... no
more credible than Al Gore. (Al Gore should not be considered a
climatologist).

Neither of the individual scientists in the other two links dispute
that the earth is in a warming trend, they are merely pooh-poohing any
association between a change in the mixture of gases in the atmosphere
and an increase in the temperature of the planet. Check that, one does
agree that there is a link but postulates that the damage has already
been done and that additionally altering he mixture of gases in the
atmosphere is unlikely to accelerate warming any more.

My post simply addressed arctic ice melt, as observed by NASA.
You are reacting to the concept that "evil, greedy, industrial man has
so poisoned the air with exhaust that we're all going to cook as a
result".....and clearly that was not part of the message.

It's a scientific fact, with empirical evidence provided by satellite
photos and other official measurements, that the arctic ice is melting
at an alarming and (at least through the summer of 2007) an
accelerating pace. Whether that is caused by man's pollution of the
atmosphere or not, if the trend continues we could face some dire
consequences.

You have posted here that you are aware of previous polar relocations.
What happens to a revolving sphere when the distibution of mass is
radically altered? With ice building up at the south pole and ice
disappearing at the north pole, we could eventually experience up to a
90-degree shift in the orientation of the planet- with centrifugal
force moving the heavy south pole into a position at or closer to the
present equator. Previous polar shifts have been sudden, traumatic
events. Very few species have survived.

If present trends continue, the Arctic will be ice free during the
summer months as early as 2012. Nowhere did NASA, the AP, or I insist
that you sell your big block pickup truck and take up driving a Prius
instead. :-)