posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Bio-diesel additive

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:01:33 -0800 (PST), Bill
wrote:

On Nov 6, 4:12 pm, Frank wrote:
I just saw in the news today that my state is in the process or
requireing all diesel fuel sold to contain 2% bio-diesel. Then push
the limit to 5% in a set time period.
My first thought was "Hold On". That might make sense to help with
our foreign dependance on oil. But I don't like the idea of having
this additive in my boats diesel fuel.
Doesn't anyone know for certain the effects these bio-diesels may
have on our marine diesel? Am I worring for nothing?

Frank

Diesel engines are designed originally to run on veggie oil that has
been refined. Bio-diesel isn't much different.

The original Rudolf Diesel design was planned to use powdered coal.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)