Bob Bob is offline

Default Fuel filters

On Dec 9, 9:59 pm, RichH wrote:

Hello Richard:

Here is a thougth I hope you would address...

Ive read about the advantages of an onboard "fuel polishing" system.

Ive also read about the advantages of having a dual (redundant) filter
system with the belief if a filter gets clogged and stalls the engine,
the operator can simply flip a few ball valves and place the spare
filter system in service. I guess that a good thing to have cause, "ya
dont want that crud in the tank breaking loose in rough water and kill
the engine just when you need power most."

Question: If there is periodic fuel polishing is there a need for a
redundent filter system?? My thinking is, hey I got a clean tank and
polish often (please define "often" for me) so why have the extra
plumbing? Am i tempting Fate, over optimistic?

Bob