Itinerant Itinerant is offline

Default Troubles with shorepower

Thank you for all of your posts, and sorry again for SHOUTING!

We tried many different senarios with no luck, we believe that we have
ruled out the cords and the pigtail. We have not tried to plug in
without being plugged into the boat ... interesting we may have to
take a walk tonight to try that out. We qustion that it would be the
receptacle as the 30 Amp worked fine on the other dock. Today when we
were at the boat we turned the battery seletor to off, and made sure
all circuits were off and both main switches and it still tripped the
box on the dock (instentaniously, before the plug was even half way
pushed in). We are starting to think that all it could be is a ground
problem -- possibly "American Neutral to Ground" as mentioned above.

We are currently running an outdoor extention cord from the dock to
our cabin heater. The system was just installed this past April and
we have found the mechanics receipt (yippy!), so tomorrow we will try
and get in touch with him to see if he can help us out.

Craig & Tanya Petterson
Vancouver BC Canada