[email protected] ohara5.0@mindspring.com is offline

Default Perfectpitch prop performance

On Dec 9, 1:14 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 17:41:37 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:
In particular, check the difference in fuel usage at the same cruising
speeds, as I've found it's easy to set the same RPMs, benefit from
increased speeds, but suffer from decreased mileage.

Since it inevitably takes more net horsepower to increase speed,
increased fuel usage should be expected. There's no free lunch... :-)

Although I have not yet found the old cruising log, it is my
impression that I get a little less speed than I used to with the
three bladed prop. Going from 3/4 throttle to full throttle does not
result in any increase in speed. This might be due to the overpitch
they discuss in the manual, supposedly to give more power when it is
really needed in rough seas but I cannot evaluate this. In the past,
I never operated at full throttle even to get over 6 kts so I know it
is a little less power at near full throttle. I did not notice any
new vibrations but I did not operate it for long enough to really
notice anything.
When starting out, I did notice that it seemed like much more stirred
up water than in the past but I could not detect much increase in
power at slow speed.
I s'pose that whatever performance I gave up under power, I might get
back in sailing performance.