Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Atlanta Rising 3

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 07:33:22 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

I do think this is a vast improvement over my first attempt, but
hopefully I will continue to improve.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/204...2789669ZLCFTc3

Better, but it's still severely pixalated.

Just as an experiment when you have some time, take some
sunrise/sunset shots bracketing exposures. First try bracketing white
balance, then apature, then shutter speeds. I think your camera
allows for that, but if it doesn't, do shutter speeds by 1/3
increments and apature by one f stop. Use your meter on the widest
light setting possible for the center image in the bracketing series.

For this, you need to use a tripod to achieve the same exposure for
the different values.

I feel that part of the problem is that you are shooting a group of
buildings at a distance under low light. Plus, you are shooting into
the light which requires a whole different technique. I would
seriously consider using a neutral density filter - say .5 or so - to
get the best possible light in this situation. You might also want to
consider doing this one in black and white using a medium strength
yellow or red filter. A polarizing filter isn't going to help you
much in this situation.

Process as we discussed in the other thread.

I know what you are trying to do and the idea is a good one - the
image would be amazing if you could pull it off.