Justin C[_6_] Justin C[_6_] is offline

Default Just wonder ..

In article jzj6j.441$1p.311@trndny01, Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:

Anyway, I am now snug in the Municipal Harbor in New Orleans. As they
have only cleared away the debris from Katrina,, but not restored any
services - it's free mooring! Yippee. Something free for mariners. Not
often you hear about that!

From what I read, the free harbor comes with the New Orleans spice;
shootings, death, robbery.

I still feel the same about New Orleans as I've felt way way before the
hurricane.

A rotten stinking cesspool.

I'd still like to visit someday. Providing it's still the same cultural
melting pot. I'm Engligh, and I find the cuisine, culture, and music
almost impossible to resist. All the 'local' knowledge and stereotypes
other Americans have for NO pass me by, I suppose it's the movies, ...
and Dr John, etc. that give the city some appeal, but when I can
persuade SWMBO that an Atlantic crossing won't be so bad, we'll be
there... and many other places too!

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.