BAR BAR is offline

Default AT&T offer's VOIP

JimH wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:

The actual phone service is not bad. It all depends on the quality of
your internet service. When speeds drop in my area (Time Warner sucks)
then the voice quality degrades to unacceptable.

Vonage needs to improve tech support and stop routing these calls through
India.

You are correct. I am also concerned that the infringement lawsuit might
be the death of them, so I am glad others are getting into the VOIP market
at competitive prices.

Indeed.

I could care less if Vonage goes under as there are plenty of other options
available.

In the end I could do without any sort of home based phone service and it
may eventually get to the point with us relying only our cell phones.

Bad move. Keep the land-line for emergencies. It only costs about $10 a
month.

Maybe we are just stuck in our old habits................after all, how does
the younger generation living on their own survive with *only* a cell phone?