HK HK is offline

Default AT&T offer's VOIP

wrote:
On Dec 6, 11:59 am, wrote:
On Dec 6, 11:21 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III"

wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 6, 10:48 am, HK wrote:
JimH wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
The power of competition is amazing. I have been using Vonage for
a few
years, and can not tell the difference between Vonage and BellSouth
except
for the lower price and substantially more features offered by Vonage.
Today, I got an offer in the mail from AT&T offering VOIP and similar
features at the same price as Vonage. As long as Vonage continues to
provides excellent service, I will not change, but it is nice to
see the
market place working.
I spent an afternoon of grief with Vonage yesterday trying to resolve a
modem problem (no dial tone). It was eventually fixed on their
end (they
had to reconfigure a port) but only after dealing with 4 different
techs,
all of which were from India and hard to understand.
I haven't heard or seen a single reason to drop my hardwired phone
service for VOIP. Being an old-fashioned O.F., all I want from my home
phone is dial tone 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the time and if I
have a question, an English speaker providing the answers.- Hide
quoted text -
I am with you on this one. My partner has wanted to try VOIP, but I
have business peers who use it and it sucks. I consider any business
that uses VOIP over hardwire, cheap and unprofessional. I don't
wan,wan,wan,wan.wan.wan.wan.wan.t to,o,o,o,o,o,o,o, hear this ****
when I am talking to a business contact, and my clients never will
from me either
Sadly, it usually is easy to tell when the caller is using VOIP.
It is only a problem if they are limited on broadband upload and/or
download. On Comcast, there is not difference on either end.- Hide quoted text -

I agree, I know for a FACT that you can't tell the difference between
my hardwire line and VOIP. I tried it, didn't tell anybody I got VOIP.
Hell, my hardline from AT&T ALWAYS had static.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe you can't tell, but others probably can at times. One or two
calls don't make it fact, some days are better than otheres. Me, I can
usually tell and you can take the chance if you want, but if you do
business on VOIP, or cell even, I have little time to give you my
money...

Well, I'm not going to get into a posting marathon with Loggy, but I
think it funny that he claims "for a fACT" that one cannot tell the
difference between a hardwired line and a VOIP line because "he tried it."