John Gaquin

Default Disappointment

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

One of the statistical problems is defining homosexual. There are one heck

of a
lot of bi-sexuals out there, particularly females.

I suspect a lot of the people gathered in this net are not truly sexually
anomolous, but are those who will experiment in anything, with anyone or
anything, for any reason or no reason at all.

Your cited reference addresses this difficulty to some degree. Disregarding
the apparently high number of self-professed bisexuals, the total homosexual
and/or bisexual population is still only about 2.5%. The figure appears to
dip to 1% to 1.5% when adjusted to include only those who have been
exclusively homosexual since age 18.

Using your supposed Seattle figure to represent the entire country is
unusual. I don't know anyone from Seattle who will admit that Seattle is
typical of the country in any way at all. :-)