Harry Krause

Default Disappointment

Gould 0738 wrote:
I've never heard an homosexual population figure as high as 13%. I presume
that includes some fringe members in order to swell the ranks, as it were.

It's somewhere near that in the Seattle area. We have districts where it's
probably
35-40%. Much of the rest of the country is probably not as high.

Current estimates range from 2% to 6%.

One of the statistical problems is defining homosexual. There are one heck of a
lot of
bi-sexuals out there, particularly females.
Are these people homo because they sneak out to get kissy with a girlfriend, or
straight because they also make babies with hubby? Tough to categorize.

The number of men who have had a homosexual experience is probably much higher
than the number of men who are
exclusively homosexual as well.

And finally, in the current climate, a lot of folks are going to be reluctant
to mark off "homosexual" on a survey form.

As opposed to most of the righties here, who apparently are homophobic.

Rmember when bi-racial couples were subject to derision, legal penalties
and worse? Gosharoonie, why it was just *not Christian* to date a member
of a different race and to marry one, why your life was at risk.

Well, society adjusted. Mixed couples and their multi-flavored children
are everywhere, at least everywhere I care to go, and the "difference"
barely registers among decent folk who know that skin color is not what
makes a decent person or a good relationship.

Though there are right-wingers out there who still engage in race hatred
and race crime. Didn't some rightie in this newsgroup refer to Arabs as
sand niXXers?