HK HK is offline

Default AT&T offer's VOIP

JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
The power of competition is amazing. I have been using Vonage for a few
years, and can not tell the difference between Vonage and BellSouth
except for the lower price and substantially more features offered by
Vonage.

Today, I got an offer in the mail from AT&T offering VOIP and similar
features at the same price as Vonage. As long as Vonage continues to
provides excellent service, I will not change, but it is nice to see the
market place working.
I spent an afternoon of grief with Vonage yesterday trying to resolve a
modem problem (no dial tone). It was eventually fixed on their end
(they had to reconfigure a port) but only after dealing with 4 different
techs, all of which were from India and hard to understand.

I haven't heard or seen a single reason to drop my hardwired phone service
for VOIP. Being an old-fashioned O.F., all I want from my home phone is
dial tone 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the time and if I have a
question, an English speaker providing the answers.

I actually enjoyed being without a home phone as we have cell phones. The
only reason we have a house phone is Mrs.H.

Ahh, well, we're out in the boonies, with lots of rolling hills and
property owners who are not fans of cell towers, so cell coverage in the
immediate area of our house is not so good. It improves if I walk
outdoors, but right now it is about 18F and snowy...so...

We have Verizon cell, which is pretty good, generally, in this metro
area and in those cities we visit a lot for pleasure or business. I had
AT&T in one of its previous iterations for a while, but found its
coverage outside of the downtown area sucked. Worse, AT&T was not a
pleasant company with which to deal because no one was here...they were
all over there, in India. Screw 'em.