Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Bottom Paints

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 04:07:01 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:28:08 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Has anyone experience with anti fouling paints for cruising sailboats
that are in the water 100% of the time in tropical waters. Like most
cruisers we sail some of the time but the boat sits there a lot.

I have a cruising trawler that is in the water all year, of which
about 8 months are tropical. I'm using Interlux Micron Optima which
was highly rated by Practical Sailor for tropical usage. The paint is
doing a great job.

How often to you scrape or clean the hull while "down there"? When we had
the Navigator in Jupiter, FL for a couple of years we had a diver do in the
water hull cleaning once a month.

Eisboch

Using Jotun HB-66, which contained TBT and is no longer sold I usually
got the bottom wiped off every three or four months. There would be a
few small barnacles along the water line and on the top of the rudder
but the bulk of the hull would be clean of all but slime.

In Singapore, where the water must be like liquid fertilizer, the
chaps with the flashy motor yachts have the bottom cleaned twice a
month. But, of course they all have full time boat boys too.....

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)