Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Bottom Paints

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:28:08 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Has anyone experience with anti fouling paints for cruising sailboats
that are in the water 100% of the time in tropical waters. Like most
cruisers we sail some of the time but the boat sits there a lot.

I have a cruising trawler that is in the water all year, of which
about 8 months are tropical. I'm using Interlux Micron Optima which
was highly rated by Practical Sailor for tropical usage. The paint is
doing a great job.

How often to you scrape or clean the hull while "down there"? When we had
the Navigator in Jupiter, FL for a couple of years we had a diver do in the
water hull cleaning once a month.

Eisboch