Harry Krause

Default Disappointment

NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John Gaquin wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

So? Are you saying the drop in marriage results from allowing gay
marriage?

Not specifically. I think (no data) it results from the perceived

general
devaluation of marriage as a solid, stable societal institution.

About 50% of the marriages in this country end in divorce, and I

suspect

The "whatever" attitude that results in a 50% divorce rate is, imo, part

of
the same cultural ambivalence. I wonder how many couples actually read

and
think about the marriage vows they speak.

I don't see it as redefinition as much as inclusion.

It's a redefinition to effect an inclusion, and the question is "Why?"

The
central nut of public policy management is to provide the greatest good

for
the greatest number. Why discommode 97% of the population to the

benefit of
3%?

It does no harm. The fact that marriage ain't what it used to be isn't
the result of homosexuality or gay marriage.

It's the result of moral decay in our society. It's the result of Americans
changing the social "norm" to suit their desires, rather than allowing their
desires to be guided by social norms.

Social norms have been evolving ever since two people discovered each
other climbing out of the primordial "zoup."